For ride-on mowers with petrol engines (either single or V-twin) our service includes the following operations:
- Perform all checks (on everything – look at & test everything)
- Replace engine oil
- Replace engine oil filter
- Add X-1R Small Engine Formula (a friction-reduction additive)
- Replace fuel filter
- Add X-1R Fuel System Cleaner
- Clean/Replace air filter (if only lightly dirty we will clean with compressed air)
- Replace spark plugs
- Grease all points
- Sharpen blades
- Test operate
- Degrease & wash
Other more common maintenance items that are done every few years include:
- Replace deck belt (transfers drive from engine to cutting deck)
- Replace traction belt (transfers drive from engine to gearbox)
- Replace idler pulleys (in both traction & deck belt systems – the bearings wear out and as they are integral with the pulley we replace the whole unit)
- Replace spindle bearings (the blades are attached to the spindles – again the bearings wear out but these are able to be replaced themselves)
- Replace blades (they can only be sharpened so many times before they are too worn down).
- Replace battery – typically every 3 -5 years. Cold weather and infrequent use will cause them to wear out quicker – regular starting and running through colder/infrequent use periods will help maintain it in good health. Checking & topping up the individual cells with deionised water to the correct level (unless it’s a maintenance-free battery) will also help maintain it in good good health and last longer.
A common repair we also perform is where the tyre has a puncture, rather than replacing the tyre which can be very expensive we simply have a tube inserted – typically costing under $50/tube.
If you have questions about what a service covers please contact us.