- Perform all checks (on everything – look at & test everything)
- Replace engine oil
- Replace engine oil filter
- Add X-1R Engine Treatment (a friction-reduction additive)
- Replace fuel filter
- Replace air filter (usually the exhaust on the engine blows dirt straight into the air take and the air filter gets dirty very quickly)
- Grease all points
- Sharpen blades
- Test operate
- Degrease & wash
Other more common maintenance items that are done every few years include:
- Replace deck belt (transfers drive from engine to cutting deck)
- Replace traction belt (transfers drive from engine to gearbox)
- Replace idler pulleys (in both traction & deck belt systems – the bearings wear out and as they are integral with the pulley we replace the whole unit)
- Replace spindle bearings (the blades are attached to the spindles – again the bearings wear out but these are able to be replaced themselves)
- Replace blades (they can only be sharpened so many times before they are too worn down).
- Replace HST filter – HST = Hydro-Static Transmission (a type of single gear forward and reverse transmission – a bit like an automatic transmission in a car).
Some models (such as the John Deere X748 and Kubota GR2110) are 4WD so they have front differentials – checking the oil level in this is an extra item we check. 4WD is a great addition if you have steep hills on your property and/or heavy loads to tow.
Contact Us today to discuss servicing of your diesel ride on mower.