Typically used on hobby farms and equipped with diesel engines (like 3 cylinder Yanmar/Kubota engines) our service includes the following operations:
- Perform all checks (on everything – look at & test everything)
- Flush engine oil with X-1R Engine Flush (this helps break up any oil deposits and thin the oil out so it drains more easily)
- Replace engine oil
- Replace engine oil filter
- Add X-1R Engine Treatment (a friction-reduction additive)
- Replace fuel filter
- Add X-1R Diesel Treatment (a fuel additive that helps clean fuel lines and treat the fuel for things like algae contamination)
- Replace air filters (the air filtration arrangement is typically an outer air filter that is quite large and a smaller inner air filter)
- Grease all points
- Sharpen blades
- Test operate
- Degrease & wash
Other more common maintenance items that are done every few years include:
- Replace hydraulic filter & fluid – typically every 2 years.
- Replace HST filter – HST = Hydro-Static Transmission (a type of single gear forward and revers transmission – a bit like an automatic transmission in a car).
- Replace battery – typically every 3 -5 years. Cold weather and infrequent use will cause them to wear out quicker – regular starting and running through colder/infrequent use periods will help maintain it in good health. Checking & topping up the individual cells with deionised water to the correct level (unless it’s a maintenance-free battery) will also help maintain it in good good health and last longer.
Being diesel engines they may also require the glow plugs to be changed – typically indicated when very difficult to start.
Some models are 4WD so they have front differentials – checking the oil level in this is an extra item. 4WD is a great addition if you have steep hills on your property and/or heavy loads to tow.
Usually there are implements attached at the 3 point linkage at the rear – like a slasher – that we usually service at the same time – greasing and lubricating the various joints/moving parts and a thorough visual check followed by a solid test.
Contact Us today to discuss servicing of your compact tractor.